Social media is a collection of online platforms and tools. This platform helps people to share content, profiles, opinions, insights, experiences, perspectives and media itself and facilitate conversations and interactions online between groups of people. The various online platforms include Facebook, twitter LinkedIn, Google+ etc.
- Social Media is the platform
- Social Networking is the act of connecting on social media platforms
- Social Media Marketing is how businesses join the conversation in an authentic and transparent way to build relationships
For those of you who have let your social channels develop cobwebs and cockroaches over the past year, here are social media strategies to take control of your social channels and give them a much-needed facelift.
- Optimize Your Profile: Social profiles are mini versions of websites so it is very important to be precise. This may involve including key words or including links to the website which makes it easy to search. Social profiles are required to attract more users so they should have customized visual effects. Customizing Visual Effects refers to any method that makes it possible to create an effect that could not otherwise be produced with regular photographic techniques.
- Personas: Who are They? : The marketer needs to know his consumer and make sure they are able to get the right information at the right time. Once the marketer has found the right persona he needs to listen to know what his requirements are.
- Build Reach: Tracking is often perceived as tedious and time-consuming but the marketer should set aside some time to review metrics that are important to the business on a monthly basis. The marketer should focus on: number of posts, follower growth, clicks to your site/products, page views, post likes or shares, impressions, etc. Use the 80/20 rule where 80% of content should be interesting and 20% should be promotional.
- Customize Your Content to Each Platform: Tailor content to persona and the network. For example:
Google+: The search engine driver.
- Analyze to Refine: Analyzing refers to evaluate the implemented plans find out the mistakes or errors involved in implementing and work on those mistakes and improve them.